Supertouch® is a multi-category manufacturer and importer of a range of high-quality PPE products covering from head to toe. Addressing vertical markets with an integrated offer, we aim to provide our customers with a comprehensive selection of safety solutions that will address both today’s and tomorrow’s challenging and, ever-evolving working environments.
Definition & Scope
- Reporting to the Sales Director, managing an existing sales territory, the Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for the delivery of both the sales & margin budgets that are defined by the company, in support of the business’ overall strategic objectives.
- Manage and develop the existing customer base to ensure business retention whilst identifying opportunities to increase our penetration through gap analysis and upselling or cross-selling our product offering.
- Work closely with customers to promote Supertouch products to end users, by demonstrating expert product knowledge and providing site surveys and training to match end user requirements.
- Identify and recommend new customers who can add incremental sales value, particularly in verticals where we are underrepresented. Develop strategic plans and tactics to ensure effective targeting of these new opportunities so that we can fully leverage our value proposition.
- Work closely with the internal sales team to ensure alignment of our strategy, maximise our coverage with existing customers and identify new opportunities for growth. Regular follow up and review to ensure we are on target.
- Continuously update and maintain the company’s CRM system ensuring all customer records are kept up to date. Develop and manage an opportunity funnel that will capture and support the growth ambitions for the territory.
- Provide continuous market intelligence to the Sales Director and Head of Marketing to ensure that our offer is always relevant and that we can react quickly to market trends and or competitor activity.
- Introduce new products to the market through engagement with end-users to build demand and back-selling through our distributor network.
- Attend and support all training days, exhibitions, or such as may be required which, may from time to time be outside of contracted working hours.
- Ensure that all company records such as but not limited to expense reports, monthly sales reports etc. are maintained and kept up to date as directed by their line manager.
- Uses interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Is a positive team player, is able to recognise the importance of the team and act in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
- Creates and presents clear and concise written communication.
- Uses sound judgment and integrity to make clear, transparent decisions.
- Develops self and doesn’t wait for others to act.
- Shows respect for people and their differences.
- Is solution-oriented, demonstrates creative and innovative thinking to find the best solutions.
- Steps up to difficult situations and takes the initiative to make improvements.
- Is customer-oriented, accepts shared accountability for improving the customer service experience.
- Able to understand the “big picture” and organisation vision and apply this to day to day working.
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive Scheme
- Company Car
- Friendly working environment
- Automatic enrolment into our defined contribution workplace pension plan (dependent upon eligibility)
- On-site free staff parking
- On-going career development opportunities
- 23 days annual leave + Public Holidays
Established in 1996, Supertouch® specialises in the manufacture and supply of quality Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Workwear solutions. We are based in Smethwick in the West Midlands employ over 65 staff and we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service. We are renowned for the quality of our products and have a dedicated Technical team that help organisations ensure their on-going compliance with all necessary British, European and International standards. Supertouch was recently identified as one of London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain. The award is a celebration of the UK’s fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium sized businesses.