Internal Account Manager - Office Based
We are looking for a passionate Internal Sales Account Manager who will be responsible for developing and maintaining a professional relationship with customers to best meet their expectations, attending to any customer needs and acting as the main point of contact for any inbound inquiries. Interpreting customers’ requirements and presenting them with a solution, you will also generate B2B sales orders and communicate effectively with the dispatch team to ensure clarity of information.
Working as part of a business-to-business sales team focusing on building new business relationships. Conducting outbound calls to develop leads and prospects for potential new business. Contacting lapsed accounts and selling to existing clients to further maximize revenue. Based in our Birmingham Sales Office, and reporting to the Internal Sales Manager, they will be selling to a large base of customers. We work across the Industrial, Construction, Railway, Medical and Food Processing sectors.
• To ensure that budgeted sales and margin levels are achieved.
• Developing existing customers to maximize revenue.
• Interpreting customer’s requirements and presenting them with a solution.
• Building new business relationships.
• Making outbound calls to generate business with prospective customers.
• Work to agreed KPI's and targets.
• Ensure a high level of customer service is achieved.
• Ensure that an appropriate level of technical product knowledge is maintained.
• Support external Area Sales Managers.
• Seek opportunities to broaden the customer base and routes to market.
• Help to provide any information required for monthly sales reports to analyse and evaluate overall area performance, market dynamics, sector development and key account activity.
The ideal candidate for this position will need to be confident in all forms of communication, be confident in handling the sales process in a busy office, be calm and methodical under pressure and be able to provide support and advice to team members. The role encompasses looking after customers in a geographical region, supporting one or more of our area sales managers – so at times also being able to prioritize well. Multi-tasking and good organisational skills are a must!
• Good organisational skills.
• With a proven experience of managing a diverse portfolio of accounts.
• Must possess the ability to manage internal relationships and represent both a consultative and proactive approach to Account Management.
• Experience in B2B Sales in the industrial, construction or related sectors.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess a professional manner.
• Commercial awareness.
• High level of integrity.
• GCSE or equivalent in maths and English
• Incentive bonus scheme
• 23 days holiday increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service then 27 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
• Friendly working environment
• Automatic enrolment into our defined contribution workplace pension plan (dependent upon eligibility)
• On-site free staff parking (Head Office)
• Free eye test
• On-going career development opportunities
Established in 1996, Supertouch® specialise in the manufacture and supply of quality Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Workwear solutions. We are based in Smethwick in the West Midlands employ over seventy staff and we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service. We are renowned for the quality of our products and have a dedicated technical team that help organisations ensure their on-going compliance with all necessary British, European and International standards. Supertouch was recently identified as one of London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain. The award is a celebration of the UK’s fastest growing and most dynamic small and medium sized businesses.